High School Students...
You are INVITED!
July 24-29, 2016
Full Registration: $499
Early Bird Registration: $449 *
*When you register and pay in full by April 1st!
MN Student Statesmanship Institute is a one-week high school leadership camp featuring spiritual challenge, biblical worldview training and practical hands-on experience. Students get to role-play as state representatives, senators, and journalists by engaging with each other in a hands-on, fun-filled, exciting simulation! Students learn critical thinking and teamwork skills and are challenged to grow in biblical character and in their pursuit of Christ.
SSI-MN is FAR from a dry and boring government camp! Students have an INCREDIBLE time meeting new friends, strategizing together to pass bills and write newspaper articles, playing in sports activities, and engaging with Christian leaders!
What Students are Saying
Students leave camp excited, challenged, and eager to put into practice what they learned! Listen to students share about their SSI-MN experience in the video below!
"It was truly amazing... I can’t wait for this next year. This camp is...life changing." -Jenesis, 14
"Wonderful! Loved it last year, and loved it again this year. Friendships I made and strengthened were...such a blessing." -Christine, 16
"Touring the Star Tribune and KSTP was incredible! The chance to meet some of the field’s top professionals increased my appreciation for their skill." -Elizabeth, 17
..."this week has strengthened my relationship with the Lord." -Andrew, 15
"I really enjoyed it! I love learning about worldview while getting a taste of what it is like participating in government." -Alyssa, 16
“I learned that in order to be a good citizen you must first understand your worldview and know that God is the ultimate authority.” – Ben, 17
“I wish it wouldn’t have ended!” –Isaac, 16
“…I learned how to apply my faith not just to politics, but the world around me.” –Patience, 17
Who Can Attend?
Teenage High School Students!
- Students must be 13-18 years of age on July 24, 2016
- Students must be entering 9th-12th grade in the Fall of 2016 or have just completed their senior year of high school
What Tracks are Offered?
Summer 2016, we will be offering a legislative HOUSE Track, an advanced legislative SENATE Track, and an advanced MEDIA Track.
First-year students participate in the House Track
Second year students can participate in the Senate Track
Second year students can apply for participation in the Media Track if:
- Student completed the SSI-MN House Track in 2014 or 2015
- Student is entering 11th grade or 12th grade in the Fall of 2016 or just completed their senior year of high school
- Must be 15-18 years of age
- Student must complete an additional Media Track Application (emailed to Media Track applicants after registration process has been completed). You are not guaranteed enrollment in this track upon application. An SSI-MN staff member will contact you regarding your enrollment status after receiving your registration and Media application.
In order to maintain a vibrant media team with plenty of writing projects for each team member, we admit only a few students into the Media Track. If you are interested in this track, apply early!
July 24-29, 2016
- Check-In after dinner on Sunday, July 24
- Check-Out before dinner on Friday, July 29
Students stay all week on the beautiful campus of
University of Northwestern St. Paul
3003 Snelling Avenue N. - St. Paul, MN 55113-1598
For other activities, students are transported by bus 2-3 times during the week to the Capitol Complex in St. Paul and other professional venues for media track students.
How Do I Register?
Registration is OPEN for SSI 2016!
Don't Miss Our Early Bird Registration!
Receive a $50 discount if you register and pay in full by April 1, 2016.
Ready to jump into the