On Wednesday, September 9th, a pro-life coalition including Minnesota legislators, pastors, pro-life organizations, and over 1500 Minnesotans gathered in front of Governor Mark Dayton's mansion to call on the Governor to investigate & defund Planned Parenthood. They named their rally, the FIRESTORM.
The #FirestormMN rally was a reaction to the series of undercover videos released by the Center for Medical Progress revealing top Planned Parenthood officials harvesting and selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Watch all released undercover videos HERE.
The most recent undercover video as of this posting clearly mentions Minnesota as a state where aborted baby body parts are harvested by a company called Advanced Bioscience Resources. The harvesting of fetal tissue is against the law in Minnesota.
Watch the undercover video implicating Minnesota HERE.
Firestorm rally attendees asked Governor Dayton to investigate Planned Parenthood in light of this video clearly implicating our state.
MFC's Policy Director, Autumn Leva, spoke at the Firestorm rally:
To view Autumn's speech on video CLICK HERE.
These are Autumn's prepared remarks for the Firestorm rally:
I want to thank each of you for choosing to spend your time with us here today. If you ever doubt that you make a difference, let me be the first to assure you that you simply being here, joining with us as one voice, urging the Governor to act now that we have firsthand evidence that Planned Parenthood is actively harvesting and selling the body parts of aborted babies—and now that we know baby organs are harvested right here in Minnesota—makes a HUGE difference.
As the U.S. House of Representatives began holding investigative hearings on Planned Parenthood just today, and over a dozen states have begun their own investigations, and 5 states have now defunded Planned Parenthood already, we are part of an awesome thing here today—a national Firestorm!
But with my time with you today, I want to speak briefly to the followers of Jesus Christ, since Minnesota Family Council is a distinctly Christian organization.
From President Obama on down to Governor Dayton just this spring at the Minnesota Christian Prayer Breakfast, elected leaders are lecturing Christians about not being “offensive” with their faith, not letting their faith influence their public life.
I hope you’ll join me today in declaring that to be impossible.
As followers of Christ, we can’t help but let our faith influence public life, and I pray to God we never stop.
· It was first the idea of the Lord Jesus Christ, not government, to care for the weak, the poor, the orphan, and the widow.
· It is only because of the Lord Jesus that we truly know what is right and wrong in the first place.
· When it was legal in the Roman Empire to throw unwanted babies off bridges, It was those under the banner of the Lord Jesus who were the only ones to catch & rescue those babies.
· It was those under the banner of the Lord Jesus who were the only ones to remain in the cities of the Roman Empire to care for those sick or dying from the Plague when everyone else was fleeing them in an attempt to escape death and disease.
· It was an African American pastor and Christians, and their White brothers and sisters, who led peaceful demonstrations that ultimately showed the world the ugliness of racial discrimination and birthed the Civil Rights movement.
· It is only through the Lord Jesus Christ, not government, that we can obtain salvation, and:
· It is only at the name of the Jesus Christ, not government, that every knee will bow and every tongue confess Him as Lord!
So, My God, let it be because of our faith that today we say NO MORE.
Let it be the followers of the Source of Light who call on government leaders to expose the dark practices of Planned Parenthood.
Let it be those called to be Salt & Light who declare that there are 173 women’s health clinics in MN compared to Planned Parenthood’s 18 that are far more deserving of that funding!
Let it be those who worship our risen Savior who gave His life so that we could have abundant life who declare that an organization that commits decades of fraud against taxpayers and covers up the sexual abuse of young girls should no longer be receiving a penny of our money.
And let it be those who believe we are created by and made in the image of the Living God who declare that each and every single unborn baby’s life is worth far more than the sum of her parts.
Today, join me in calling on Governor Dayton to do his job, and investigate and defund Planned Parenthood because our faith in Jesus Christ compels us to.
May we never stop publicly living our faith, holding our elected leaders accountable to do good and punish evil.
Governor Dayton, we call on you today. Investigate & Defund Planned Parenthood!