Our Vision & Mission
Strong families, communities and culture, through Christ. Minnesota thrives when religious liberties flourish, life is cherished at all stages, and God’s design for marriage and family is honored and lived.
To nurture and defend families by restoring biblical truth in our culture
Action Steps to Advance the Mission:
- Strengthen coalitions of likeminded partners, including pastors, ministry leaders, allied organizations, and statesmen and stateswomen
- Equip Christian citizens as a winsome, biblical voice to transform Minnesota culture
- Advance biblically based, pro-family policy throughout the state
- Support Christ-centered statesmen and stateswomen to rebuild a foundation of godly civil leadership in our state
Statement of Principles:
- The breakdown of the family is one of the most serious moral, social and political crises facing our state and nation.
- The family is the fundamental institution in a civil society and government should promote and protect its formation and well being.
- The family is defined as people who are related by blood, marriage or adoption and should be founded on the life-long marriage of one man and one woman, which also is the best environment in which to raise children.
- The biblical principles in which America's founding is rooted support strong and stable families. As stated in the Declaration of Independence, those principles include that American government is derived from the "Laws of Nature and of Nature's God," that all people are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and that government's primary responsibility is to "secure these Rights." That moral and spiritual foundation is essential to the proper functioning of government and the stability and well being of society.
- Human life is sacred from conception to natural death and must be protected by government.
- Religious freedom is one of our most fundamental constitutional rights and government should neither suppress religious expression nor exclude it from the public arena.
- The role of government should be limited to those functions that are consistent with its founding principles and cannot be more effectively carried out by individuals, families or other private institutions.
- An informed and politically active citizenry that shares these principles is an essential means for shaping pro-family public policy.
- Christian citizens especially have a responsibility and calling to exercise the rights and duties of citizenship as "salt and light" to be a transforming influence in culture, for the glory of Jesus Christ and the good of society.
- The Church has primary responsibility for the equipping of believers for their role in society, thus MFC is committed to assisting churches in partnership with them to equip and mobilize Christians for Christ-centered political engagement.